A guide to how silk can benefit your beauty regime
We all have things that we deem to be essential to our beauty regime, whether it be a favourite moisturiser, a micellar water or maybe it’s an intensive conditioner for our hair but there is a beauty essential that a lot of people are missing from their routine that could make all the difference to their skin and hair……Silk.
Yes, Silk, it can help reduce fine lines, eliminate frizzy hair and so much more. Founder of This is Silk Sonal Keay explains why Silk should be top of your beauty list.
- Less frizz, from day (night) one. Sleeping in a silk hair wrap cocoons hair in amino-acid rich Silk, which nourishes hair and smooths the hair shaft. All the natural hair oils are distributed throughout the hair and kept there, rather than leaching out onto the pillowcase. The next morning, hair is noticeably smoother and less frizzy.
- A Silk pillowcase or hair wrap can reduce split ends by minimizing the friction between your hair and a cotton pillowcase and the risk of breakage is vastly reduced. This in turn means fewer split ends, enabling hair to grow longer and for long hair in particular, a Silk hair wrap will help prevent knots and tangles.
- Cleansing your skin with a Silk face cloth can help improve your skin. Sonal explains: “There is even the science to back up the claims since it has been proven that the proteins in silk reduce the appearance of fine lines and speed up cellular regeneration of the skin. Using a 100% Silk cloth will nourish skin, whilst gently exfoliating, leaving it brighter and smoother.”
- Maintains moisture. As we get older our skin and hair become drier. Sleeping with a Silk eye mask, head wrap, or pillowcase is one of the best ways to prevent hair and delicate facial skin from drying out as it will help retain moisture while you sleep.
- Due to the moisture maintaining effects a Silk eye mask will help with those fine lines that form around the eyes.
- A Silk eye mask will also help you have a better night’s sleep by blocking out disruptive light. Research indicates that the use of sleep masks leads to a deeper, better quality of sleep, that is less disrupted, with elevated melatonin levels.
- Not only can Silk help enhance your skin and hair it also works as a temperature regulator. Sonal says: “Using Silk whether in the form of pyjamas or a pillowcase when you sleep can be a godsend when it is hot and to women of a certain age as it can help reduce temperature and control hot flushes. While it helps to cool in summer in winter it is great at retaining warmth, so will regulate your temperature all year round and can in turn give you a better night’s sleep.”
So there you have it, all the reasons something Silk should be your next beauty buy.
To explore the full range of products available from This is Silk visit www.thisissilk.com